Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Just pass the chocolate...and back away slowwwly!

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday have mostly been, "Hi My name Is Grumpy McHormone!" days...the best few highlights of them have been:


1)The lovely news about holiday weight maintainment! (Is 'maintainment' even a word? Hmm...Well, it is now!)

2)Having Anne Marie around to have someone WW-Speak with! It's so nice to have someone inspiring like her in my life.

3) Talking about NaNoWriMo manuscripts with Summer. Maaaaan. Is it November yet? Can I get my "Its Okay to be absolutely ape-cookies insane for a whole month" pass yet?

4) Talking to my Brother-in-Bluegrass-Seahawks-and-Hair-Products, Jim Darlin on the phone! I've missed our crazy chats :)

Sunday, on the other hand was absolutely awesome!

Well, Sunday evening (I don't remember much about the day its self...maybe I cleaned house...?) was absolutely awesome! Sunday night found me at my favorite local pub, sharing a couple of pints with someone who is very near and dear to my heart. I hadn't seen them in a while, so it was absolutely great to be able to sit and catch up on each others lives. Hearing about their wonderful vacation, really made me itch to go on vacation...hmmm. AND I got a present! I am the proud owner of the most fantastic pair of earrings in the world!

See for yourself:




(excuse the bad cell phone camera, and my netbook, and classy farm decor place mats!)

Marilyn Monroe earrings! And COLORFUL, eclectic ones at that. I mean, do they know me, or what? The more time I spend with this person, the more I am absolutely amazed! That seriously made my whole year! :)

I'm also finding that it is really fun to spend time with someone who talks as much as I do! :). By the time we left, we were pretty much the only two people left IN the pub (Besides the proprietors!). Definitely one of the best nights I've had in a long time! Besides the part where I am a spaz and knocked over an empty glass with my elbow...and watched in horrified slow motion as it shattered on the ground. It feels like summer in my heart...now if the weather would only catch up!

No comments: