Sunday, July 3, 2011



So, an update...right.

My car broke down just after Mother's Day and due to a series of unfortunate events, it is still broken.  I can make it to both the Walgreens and Sara, B's and Chel's house (and back) with out incident (not in the same trip, mind you). Due to this and a few other things family and job wise going on, I have felt more keenly my depression than I have in some time - and therefore am consistently inhaling everything in sight. Normally that wouldn't effect me so much, and after a while I'd reign it in and feel fine, but this time it just seems different. For one, I can actually feel the difference. I've always been able to tell if I've gained even 5lbs because of my energy level and all, but this time I just actually feel all...squodgy. I can't really get to WW because of the car situation, and truth be told I was not satisfied with the results I was getting this time around either. To be fair, I was not working the plan to it's full extent, and was being rather slackass about the whole thing...but come on, an avocado cannot be THAT many points. Anyway...because I'm on the monthly plan, I'm still getting  a monthly charge (that I like to refer to as  a"Fat Tax") to my account until I get my car up and running.

Here's the thing: I LOVE THIS PLAN. I have always, always, always, even in my most slack ass of slackassery LOST WEIGHT ON WW. 

Therefore, I am not ready to give it up yet.
What I'm going to do is dig around and see if I still have my old Points Slider, and work on the old plan. I may actually go Core/Filling Foods, just because I don't actually know how much I weigh at this point.

I also need to find more time in my day. Lately I have been so bored/depressed etc (and more so because someone very special to me is out of the country currently. I swear, you do not realize how much you care about someone, or how much that person affects your every day life until they aren't there.), that I literally just zone out and play the Sims2 (or find some other mindless task) forever ...bad bad habit. Changes to be made.

 With summer starting up and Independence Day tomorrow, I've been thinking often about my Dad - and an idea came to me. Ever since I was a kid, I've not been the best self starter where it comes to my own life - and I suddenly remembered my Dad's Lists. Dad used to professionally print up lists for me when I was a kid. The two I remember the most were the "Getting Ready for School" list and the "Cleaning Your Room" list. Very simple, just a list of things I needed to complete. In remembering this I realized, I still list. I always have a To-Do list going on. In my journal I have lists of books I've read, a list of movies I've watched , a list of kitchen supplies I want, a list of things for my apartment  I want to get , a Bucket List, and Reasons I Want to Get To A Healthy Weight/Size List. I want to basically make myself a list of things I want to accomplish in a day. Everything from flossing to studying my Bible to writing and studying German. From this list I want to make a basic schedule. I just want to take better control of my life, because I just don't think God wants me sitting around playing Sims on my off time.

As for this weekend, it's been pretty nice. I did sloth around quite a bit on Friday.  Yesterday I spent the day with Sara, Brittany and Chelsea. Sara and I went to the Library (its becoming a Saturday tradition, because we HAVE to turn in the movies we rented the week before, and we get the Sunday paper -nothing like getting a leg up on the cupins! (coupons, I know, but it's WAY more fun to say cupins!). I got to spend some time with Jakey Pancakey and Misty -lots of laughs, and more toe-bruises on my upper thigh from Jakey (we have a game where he stands on my legs and we do this "EaARrTH SsHhAaKkEe!" and he tries not to fall over. When he digs his toes in, I usually get a bruise. Not a game we play for very long!). Later in the day Brittany, Issac, Sara and I BBQ'd. I love these people so much, they really are family to me. I never feel like I have to pretend to be someone with them. They know me, I know them and we accept each other wholeheartedly. I love them, forever I love them! <3

Today I've got a bit of the sniffles, so (after doing a quick scrub of the house) I've been kind of laying around reading the 5th Harry Potter book. I'm trying to get them all read before the 15th. Being I'm nearly done with this, there is no doubt in  my mind I'll make it. I also have a stack of German movies to watch this week too. It seems all my library holds came in at once.
Tomorrow I'll be hanging out with Aunt Syl and Lisa where we're going to sit on a beach on the Island and watch my Daddy's company's professional firework show. I am looking foreword to this immensely.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and a Happy and Safe Independence Day!

No comments: