Thursday, July 7, 2011

You're a Grand Ol' Flag

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."





This is a sample of my Daddy’s fireworks. He’s in charge of the Fireworks over Vashon Island every year. They are always breathtaking. Independence Day was crazyyyy. My aunt’s car died at the ferry terminal. We ended up spending about 4 hours there! My (new) friend Michael and I ended up riding in the CAR to the parts department which was strapped to the top of the flat bed TOW TRUCK. 
“It’s legal in the State of Washington. Just buckle up your seatbelt” ~Ant, the grisly, older, very nice tow truck driver.” It was kind of a carnival ride, and only scary when it didn’t feel like we were going to stop, when dear old Ant had to SLAM THE BREAKS! Blah. Anyway, we made it on the 4:20pm ferry and made it to the beach with no further incident. The rest of the time was spent drinking Beer  Cream Soda and laughing, swapping stories. Nice night, but a little bitter sweet. I always tear up when I see the barge come around the corner, knowing my Dad is on it. 
Other than that I managed to make a daily scheduel thing, to try to insert something other than SLOTH in my life. I also am considering going Ovo-Lacto-Pescatarian for the next 3-6 months, and see if that helps my digestion issues. We’ll see how it goes.
Off to go watch one of the German movies from the Library (I have 4 to watch before Saturday!). Later!

No comments: